Please note that we operate as individual data controllers for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, but have the same data protection arrangements as set out below.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat and regard your personal data.
A. COLLATION OF INFORMATION
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website which includes requesting further services.
2. If you contact us by letter, email or text, records of the correspondence may be kept
3. At your first session we complete a pre-therapy questionnaire which contains the following:
b) Date of birth
c) Postal address
d) Email address
e) Phone number
f) Name and address of your GP
g) Details of relevant medication
4. Following sessions, we make a written record of the session for clinical purposes.
5. We may ask you to complete a feedback form at the end of therapy although you do not have to respond to this..
6. Details of your visits to our website
7. Information you provided relating to payment for our Services.
B. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Personal data that we collect from you via any contact forms or orders placed through our site will be sent securely to our email addresses.
2. Personal data collated in sessions will be held securely either electronically (and password protected) or in hand written form in paper files at our respective offices.
C. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
1. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
3. To notify you about changes to our service.
4. For clinical purposes -ie: records kept of therapy sessions to help us to provide an effective service to you.
If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
D. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Reflect Therapy and Counselling community of practice
1. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
A. in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
C. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
2. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Regal House, Gelligaer Lane, Cathays, Cardiff, CF14 3JS
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
E. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with guidance received from the Association of Family Therapy and the terms and conditions of our respective Professional Indemnity insurance policies, we retain records relating to adults for 7 years following the date of your final therapy session; and for children, for 6 years following the child’s 18th birthday.
F. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can make a request to us for a copy of records containing personal data about you. We will provide this information to you within one calendar month of the date of your request. However, we will remove any third party information from the record unless we have consent from the third party to disclose it to you.
Adrian Perkins, Jill Lubienski, Julia Evans